- Meats: lean beef, pork, lamb, liver and other organ meats.
- Poultry: chicken, duck, turkey— especially dark meat.
- Fish: sardines, codfish, shellfish, anchovies.
- Dark-green leafy vegetables, such as kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, collards, broccoli.
Legumes, such as lima beans, green peas, dry beans and peas, canned baked beans.
- Dried fruits such as prunes, apricots, raisins.
- Potatoes, with skin.
- Seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, squash.
- Egg yolk.
- Yeast-leavened whole-wheat breads and bread products.